Last Updated on 19 February 2023
Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous is a Twelve Step, Twelve Tradition oriented fellowship based on the model pioneered by Alcoholics Anonymous.
All members share an obsessive or compulsive emotional and sexual pattern, in which relationships or activities have become increasingly destructive in all areas of life — career, family and sense of self.
It is open to people of any race, age, sexual orientation or gender identity.
SLAA is supported entirely through the contributions of its membership and is free to all who need it.
To counter the destructive consequences of sex and love addiction, we draw on five major resources:
1. Sobriety. Our willingness to daily stop acting out in our own personal bottom-line addictive behaviour.
2. Sponsorship & Meetings & Calls. Our capacity to reach out for the supportive fellowship within SLAA.
3. Steps. Our practice of the Twelve Step program of recovery to achieve sexual and emotional sobriety.
4. Service. Our giving back to the SLAA community what we continue to freely receive.
5. Spirituality. Our developing a relationship with a power greater than ourselves which can guide and sustain us in recovery.
As a fellowship SLAA has no opinion on outside issues and seeks no controversy.
SLAA is not affiliated with any other religious or secular organisations, movements or causes.
We are united in a common focus: dealing with our addictive sexual and emotional behaviour.
We find a common denominator in our obsessive and compulsive patterns, which goes beyond any personal differences of sexual orientation or gender identity.
We avoid drawing attention to SLAA from the public media.
We protect with special care the anonymity of every SLAA member.
Now we are not alone.